Want to teach pregnant and postnatal women yoga? Want to offer yoga for whole mamas—women who are seeking yoga as a tool for fertility, a source of healing after miscarriage, a place of support through pregnancy, and a haven during the first days, weeks, and months of motherhood? Join us for a training opportunity!
Upcoming Yoga Teacher Training Opportunities
The Yoga Teachers’ Guide to Prenatal (and Postnatal) Teaching at Blue Lotus in Raleigh
October 28, 2017 1:00-4:00 PM $60
Hatha and vinyasa yoga teachers: What happens when a pregnant practitioner shows up in your flow class? How confident do you feel subbing prenatal yoga classes for your colleagues? Join us for a workshop that will provide you with the tools to confidently teach this population of students.
In this workshop, you’ll learn about
- Modifications of traditional asanas for pregnant students
- Contraindications for prenatal and postnatal practitioners
- How yoga can help ease pregnancy discomforts
- A general overview of pregnancy by trimester (and an overview of postpartum concerns)
- Simple sequences, adaptable for general or prenatal classes
Skill in Action Yoga Teacher Training Prenatal / Postnatal Weekend
Join Michelle Johnson for a unique yoga teacher training that highlights the intersection between yoga and social justice. We are offering a weekend intensive as part of the Skill in Action YTT. Find more information here.
January 19-21, 2018, Chapel Hill
85-Hour Prenatal / Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training (Yoga Alliance Certified)
Carolina Yoga Company (Carrboro and Hillsborough, NC), Summer 2018
Part I, Wednesday, June 6–Sunday, June 10
Part II, Thursday, July 26–Sunday, July 29
This course is an 85-hour training in accordance with the Prenatal Teacher Training standards of Yoga Alliance (YA). Parts I and II are required to fulfill the standards of the prenatal 85-hour training as outlined by YA.
Women continue to be the majority in yoga classes. The needs, joys, and challenges specific to women before, during, and after childbearing offers teachers the opportunity to affect and deeply connect with women during these momentous, transformational times in life. This 85 hour intensive will focus on a wide range of yoga for women in all phases and stages of motherhood—from fertility and preconception to prenatal and postnatal yoga to yoga for mother and baby and beyond. It meets the requirements of the Prenatal Teacher Training standards of Yoga Alliance (YA).
This unique offering is perfect for yoga teachers, doulas, childbirth educators, and other care providers. Our Whole Mama Yoga training goes beyond the traditional offerings of a prenatal yoga teacher training, and supplies students with much-needed information for their childbearing-age clients. In this intensive, trainees will learn:
- Compassionate and thoughtful yoga instruction for women in all phases of motherhood
- To safely teach an empowering and supportive prenatal yoga class to women with a wide variety of physical and emotional needs
- Yoga and meditation practices to support women struggling with fertility challenges
- Pre and postnatal modifications for women attending regular yoga classes
- Anatomy of pregnancy, labor, and birth
- Physical and emotional impacts of pregnancy
- Cultural perspectives on pregnancy and birth, and how these perspectives can impact a woman’s own experience
- How yoga beautifully supports the physical and emotional changes of pregnancy
- General health and nutrition, in addition to yoga practices, that can be helpful leading up to pregnancy
- Pranayama practices for pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum
- Truths and myths about pregnancy
- Contraindications during pregnancy
- Meditation, visualization, and yoga positions that can be helpful for labor and birth
- To teach effective yoga, meditation, and massage techniques for women’s partners during pregnancy and labor
- Safe and effective strategies and yoga practices for rebuilding strength and flexibility after childbirth
- General information postpartum physical changes, health, and healing
- To safely teach a healing and helpful postnatal yoga class to women with a wide variety of physical and emotional needs
- To teach baby and me yoga classes
- To teach women to integrate yoga and meditation into “life after birth”
(If you are enrolled in Carolina Yoga’s 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program, taking part I fulfills an elective for that program.)
Part I and part II (meets YA Prenatal Yoga 85 hour YTT requirement):
$1100 on or before April 1
$1300 after April 1
Part I only (meets Carolina Yoga 500 YTT elective requirement):
$650 on or before April 1
$750 after April 1
Trainees must complete the first weekend before attending the second weekend. We have a five-student minimum to run, so sign up today and tell your friends! Sign up by clicking here or by calling Carrboro Yoga Company at 919-933-2921.