Want to teach pregnant and postnatal women yoga? Want to offer yoga for whole mamas—women who are seeking yoga as a tool for fertility, a source of healing after miscarriage, a place of support through pregnancy, and a haven during the first days, weeks, and months of motherhood?
Join us for our 85-hour Whole Mama Yoga Prenatal Yoga Training.
Women continue to be the majority in yoga classes. The needs, joys, and challenges specific to women before, during, and after childbearing offers teachers the opportunity to affect and deeply connect with women during these momentous, transformational times in life. This 85 hour intensive will focus on a wide range of yoga for women in all phases and stages of motherhood—from fertility and preconception to prenatal and postnatal yoga to yoga for mother and baby and beyond. It meets the requirements of the Prenatal Teacher Training standards of Yoga Alliance (YA).
This unique offering is perfect for yoga teachers, doulas, childbirth educators, and other care providers. Our Whole Mama Yoga training goes beyond the traditional offerings of a prenatal yoga teacher training, and supplies students with much-needed information for their childbearing-age clients. In this intensive, trainees will learn:
- Compassionate and thoughtful yoga instruction for women in all phases of motherhood
- To safely teach an empowering and supportive prenatal yoga class to women with a wide variety of physical and emotional needs
- Yoga and meditation practices to support women struggling with fertility challenges
- Pre and postnatal modifications for women attending regular yoga classes
- Anatomy of pregnancy, labor, and birth
- Physical and emotional impacts of pregnancy
- Cultural perspectives on pregnancy and birth, and how these perspectives can impact a woman’s own experience
- How yoga beautifully supports the physical and emotional changes of pregnancy
- General health and nutrition, in addition to yoga practices, that can be helpful leading up to pregnancy
- Pranayama practices for pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum
- Truths and myths about pregnancy
- Contraindications during pregnancy
- Meditation, visualization, and yoga positions that can be helpful for labor and birth
- To teach effective yoga, meditation, and massage techniques for women’s partners during pregnancy and labor
- Safe and effective strategies and yoga practices for rebuilding strength and flexibility after childbirth
- General information postpartum physical changes, health, and healing
- To safely teach a healing and helpful postnatal yoga class to women with a wide variety of physical and emotional needs
- To teach baby and me yoga classes
- To teach women to integrate yoga and meditation into “life after birth”
Upcoming Whole Mama Yoga Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Dates
Carrboro Yoga Company
Part I, Wednesday, June 7–Sunday, June 11
Part II, Thursday, July 27–Sunday, July 30
This course is an 85-hour training in accordance with the Prenatal Teacher Training standards of Yoga Alliance (YA). Parts I and II are required to fulfill the standards of the prenatal 85-hour training as outlined by YA.
(If you are enrolled in Carolina Yoga’s 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program, taking part I fulfills an elective for that program.)
Part I and part II (meets YA Prenatal Yoga 85 hour YTT requirement):
$1100 on or before April 1
$1300 after April 1
Part I only (meets Carolina Yoga 500 YTT elective requirement):
$650 on or before April 1
$750 after April 1
Trainees must complete the first weekend before attending the second weekend. We have a five-student minimum to run, so sign up today and tell your friends! Sign up by clicking here or by calling Carrboro Yoga at 919-933-2921.